Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Ubuntu notes

My first Ubuntu notes (some of the notes are obsolete now) - covers the following topics:
  • Configuring WEP for special needs in wireless configuration
  • Configuring GRUB boot loader
  • Installing required compilers for not pre-built installation packages (outdated?)
  • Installing SAMBA the complete file sharing solution (basic guide)
  • Changing default sound card (if you have two sound cards)
  • Running RealVNC Enterprise Server (not required if you use built in Desktop sharing)
  • Installing Adobe Flash Player to Firefox (obsolete) - works from FF now
  • Installing Automatix2 with Apt (forgot why I needed it, but there it is :P)
  • Installing Avant Window Navigator (I dont use it anymore)
The PDF can be found here. I also had a HOW TO for joining windows domain, but you can do the same with a tool called Likewise and for professional needs, you will have to dig in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment